Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Five Whole Smackeroonies

We're a Nielsen family this week, which means we (I) have to write down every TV show we watch in a TV diary. That's right; the Nielsen folks don't hook up a little black box to the TV. You gotta write everything yourself, or scream it out to your mother so she can write it down. I'm just sayin'. They sent us five whole dollars for our trouble, in the form of five crisp singles, which we promptly spent on fish tacos. But...wow. There's nothing like having to be accountable for every show I choose. I've actually found myself choosing not to watch a particular program because I don't want to write it down. I'm just that honest about it all. Ahem.

With that in mind, one burning question remains: What do I do about the time the TV stays on long after I've zonked out on the couch? ;^)