Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Why I Want Another Grownup Around the House: Reason #117

We had a big storm last night with lots of wind and thunder. My son swears he heard the thunder, but every time the sound woke me up, he was blissfully sleeping. Anyway, today we were proceeding as normal when suddenly all hell broke loose: "A worm! Mom! A WORM!!" I thought it was going to be another one of those creepy centipede thingies, but apparently a little earthworm had lost its way in the storm and wound up in our living room, a few feet from the front door. It was still alive, so I scooped it up and put it in one of our potted plants outside until I could get dressed and put it downstairs where it belongs. My son's assessment: "Now THAT was EXCITING!"

If I'd known, I would've given him earthworms for Christmas. ;-)