Saturday, December 18, 2004

Hoping...


The one on the right is the one I'm going to see.

I'm feeling a bit better today. In a little while I'm heading off to Escondido to look at and (I hope) pick up a bike for my son for Christmas. Someone on Craigslist has been advertising these for a while, and the bikes are still available. One has training wheels, and if it's even close to being a decent size for my son, I'm going to buy it. The kid is a string bean, and if he's not quite big enough for the bike next week (!), something tells me he'll be big enough for it in the next month or two. His dad is 6'2", and the kiddo takes after him physically. I'm sure he'll be taller than I am by the time he's 13.

Anyway, Escondido is about 30 miles from me, but the price is good. Keep your fingers crossed that the bike looks nice and is close to my son's size. I'm feeling pinched regarding Santa gifts this year, and although I know the holiday isn't all about gifts, it is when you're almost four years old. I'd just like to have a couple of nice things for my little sweetie under the tree. If the bike purchase works out today, my next stop will be Target for some extras, like a bell or some other cool attachment(s).

Maybe keep your toes crossed, too. ;-)