Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A Little of This

Okay, it's the middle of the night and I'm going to complain for a minute. Sometime around 3:00 this afternoon, as I was trying to pull together my son's costume, my jaw became misaligned. I was stressed out, and was probably clenching it weird or sneezed too much (the kiddo and I have both been sneezing) or something, and although this has happened mildly in the past, it's never been this extreme or lasted more than an hour or two. I thought maybe if I just went to sleep, it would sort itself out, but now I'm awake again and it's still messed up. Frankly, I'm a little freaked out. I can't get my molars to touch at all, no matter how much I wiggle my jaw around, and chewing is kind of difficult. If I were a more patient person, I'd probably think nothing of it and assume it'll get better in a day or two. Actually, I keep telling myself that, but this is really bothering me! I think I'm going to take some Tylenol and see if it reduces any inflammation present so I can get the darned thing back on track. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I'll be over here, working my jaw and freaking out.

<><><><><>

In other news, my son's dad and I took the kiddo trick-or-treating tonight at the mall, as has been our custom since we moved here. The kiddo reeeeally wanted to be a ghost, and of course I couldn't just leave that alone, so I bought him a St. Louis Cardinals hat and ironed letters for "TEAM SPIRIT" onto the front of his sheet. Get it? ;^) It was convenient that the Cardinals won the Series, as they're my son's dad's team (since he's from Missouri) and the kiddo knows it, so everyone was happy. Although my son's dad and I alternate holidays and Halloween was technically "his" this year, he told me months ago that I could have it, but I invited him to come along, just as I've done in the past. The kiddo likes it, and I feel better about including my son's dad, since I know I would feel pretty crummy if I missed out on seeing the kiddo in his costume each year. I honestly don't know if my son's dad would invite me to trick-or-treat on "his" Halloween, as he doesn't invite me to things on "his" time (major disparity between us), so I guess we'll see what happens in 2008. This court-mandated schedule is hard sometimes. *sigh*

Anyway, the kiddo had fun collecting candy and trying to see out of the big eye holes I made in his costume. Who knew the sheet would slip aound so much and require constant adjustments? If I had it to do over, I'd just make one big hole for his face. Live and learn. After we were finished, we had dinner together and the kiddo ate several pieces of candy. I'm surprised that he fell asleep at a reasonable time tonight, to tell you the truth, but after waking up once to collect me from the couch, he's back to sleeping like a baby.

Now I'm off. Tylenol, then (I hope) sleep. Wish me luck.