Friday, June 16, 2006

Random Thoughts on Not Enough Caffeine

It's a slow day around here.

Today I learned that two avocados make enough guacamole to completely cure a single person of the desire to ever eat guacamole again. I still want to have an avocado tree someday, though. Hey, I'd be the most popular person on my street. Free guacamole for everyone!

<><><>

A couple of days ago, my next-door neighbor told me he'd come home at 2:30 a.m. the other night (he's a limo driver with his own company), and seen a strange man sitting on the steps outside our complex. He threatened the stranger and chased him away, but now I'm completely creeped out and feel less safe here. But are we really safe anywhere? I must admit I'm pretty bothered by this latest development. We already have the prisoners out in the field next door, mowing down the dry brush and probably casing the place, and now weirdos hanging around in the middle of the night. That's what we get for living near a lake -- a lot of people try to camp out there illegally throughout the year. Don't even get me started on the folks who park their mobile homes on our street and live there until the police show up.

<><><>

Today my son learned to kick his own behind. Also, because this wasn't quite funny enough in itself (although it's pretty funny to watch), I taught him the word "heinie," which was the word that the mother of a childhood friend always used, and which I always thought sounded funny.* So now he's throwing himself backward on the bed and kicking his own heinie with his heels. (I'm waiting for some interesting Google searches to show up on my site meter thingy.) I think this is an important life skill, the ability to kick oneself in the butt. Speaking of which...I'm off. ;^)


* She always warned us, when she was cleaning the bathroom, not to use the toilet when the bowl cleaner was in there, because it would "jump up and bite your heinie." I know. What ridiculous things I remember from childhood and pass along to the kiddo for my own amusement. I never said I was proud.