Monday, April 03, 2006

Can't Ante Up

Well, I'd like to write a nice post about going to see The King and I at a newly renovated historical theater nearby, and being thrilled that I heard the original (1951?) orchestration -- 31 orchestra members instead of the movie version mob -- and how that is the recording I have and oh, what a joy to be able to sit in the very front row and watch not only the show, but the musicians in the pit, and know to watch the piccolo player and the percussionist at the right times because I'd practically memorized the music, and the way the soprano playing Tuptim totally nailed those killer high notes...

But right now I have to return to battling the ants that have attacked an oatmeal bowl and are roaming the kitchen. One moment they weren't there, then we went to the grocery store, and when we returned, there they were. I hate bug spray, but I notice the spray bleach cleaner I have seems to do what I need it to do in this case.

Now to wipe the place down yet again...