Friday, January 20, 2006

Sigh

My kiddo is at his dad's for the weekend (until Monday). I swear, every time the kiddo leaves I feel like the joy just left the house. Of course, my having awakened at 3:00 a.m. to work on a project for a client, and my subsequent nap this afternoon, may have something to do with my "off" mood. I know this. Although I seldom get to take a nap (unlike when my son was a baby and I would sleep with him at naptime), I usually don't wake up from a nap feeling refreshed. Instead, I feel disoriented, like the day has evaporated and I'm at loose ends. I feel less this way when there are other people in the house to wake up to, if that makes sense.

Heh. Maybe I should go back to sleep. I'll probably see all this differently in the morning anyway. Yes, that's definitely a good idea.