Friday, January 13, 2006

Green, Green Leaves

Well, we were planning to hit the farmer's market and do another errand, but the kiddo fell asleep at 5:00 p.m.; his normal bedtime is 8:00. He just conked out on the couch and I carried him up to bed. This has been known to happen on occasion, although infrequently. When there's still time left in the evening and things are slow like this, I find myself wishing I knew some people casually enough here to call them and ask them to drop by for a beer or just to hang out. I'm not complaining. I know it all takes time and our first two years here were tumultuous. Now that things are settling down, I think I can turn my attention outward again. Like leaf growth, as opposed to root growth. Or something.

For now, though, maybe I'll clean the kitchen...