Tuesday, January 17, 2006

All in the Space of Twenty Minutes

"Ow! Ow! Mommy! Something is in my EYE! Ow!" (Wailing and crying commence.)

I check in his eye and don't see anything, but I take him to the bathroom and have him lean over the sink while I flush his eye with a little water. I take another look and figure it was a bit of fuzz or something; he decides he feels better and resumes playing video games.

Minutes later: "Ow! Ow! Mommy! (crying) My knee! I whacked it with the console because I was too excited! (more crying) Ow! This is terrible!"

I rub it and give him a hug while making appropriate sympathetic noises, determine everything is fine; he sniffles for a minute, then resumes playing video games.

"Hey, Mommy, could you please stop disturbing me now?"

And I'm back to work... ;^)