Monday, December 18, 2006

'Tis the Season...for Germs!

Well, the kiddo developed a sore throat over the weekend at his dad's house and when I got him back today he was lethargic and feverish and rashy. I took him to the doctor and he had a (very traumatic because it reminded him of the time he swallowed a lollipop stick!) strep test, which turned out positive. He just had his first dose of a three-day course of antibiotics, but dang, that rash is crazy and practically everywhere! I don't remember that aspect of strep when I was a kid, but I suppose it's possible I never had that part. Now I'm pounding yet more vitamins and washing my hands a lot, administering all sorts of creams to the kiddo and praying for good health all around. Yes, good health would be nice.

I hope everyone else's sick kids are feeling better soon!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: Since I'm giving thanks for medicine, I'll include antihistamine(s) in that category. The kiddo awoke around 11:30 p.m., thrashing and shouting that he couldn't "take it any more." If he were a cussin' man, he'd have cussed, I'm sure of it. Anyway, I finally got him to take some antihistamine and now he's actually sleeping. Maybe I'll get some sleep tonight after all. I am soooo hoping tomorrow is better.