Monday, February 13, 2006

Randomness

My son is playing "Destruction Derby" and I'm trying to make a plan for my day...at 1:14 p.m.

You know how you can tell when it's time to empty the trash? When the upstairs wastebaskets resemble little pyramids of crumpled tissues, that's how.

My dad called this morning. "Did you change your answering machine message?" he asked. Uh, yeah...the outgoing message got messed up and I couldn't fix it, so I let the automated voice take over. "Well, it sounds weird." Okay.

I did a big rush project for a client recently and I have a bad feeling that he's not going to pay the $360 invoice. In fact, I'm starting to doubt that he's doing business under his real name. I'm trying to think sunny, positive thoughts, but why didn't I ask for at least half the fee up front?? And should I try to pursue this in small claims court, or chalk it up to experience and move on? What to do, what to do...

How much caffeine can I ingest while on cold medication before I start feeling dizzy?