Saturday, February 11, 2006

Now If I Could Get the Germs to Cooperate...

After recently telling a friend it seemed like I'd missed my annual cold, I caught it, most likely courtesy of my son, who had a cold a week or two ago. I can't say I'm surprised, though. I'd routinely been getting up around 4:00 a.m. to work on reports and dissertations (editing them for other people -- I hope I never have to write a dissertation). My body must have known I was all caught up, because for the past few days, I've been sniffling and coughing and trying various medications and home remedies to get rid of the gunk in my head. Today, as I was coughing, the kiddo said to me, "Mommy, I think you caught my cold." Yep. "I think maybe you caught two colds: my sniffling cold and my coughing cold." Maybe. *cough-cough* "Well, Mommy, I'm sick of you being sick, and next time, I just want you to catch one cold at a time!"

Now if I could get the germs to cooperate...