Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Sniff-Sniff

Mmm...garbage. Since we live so close to the Dumpster, when the garbage truck comes and disturbs the trash (it comes on Tuesdays and Fridays), especially on a HOT day like today, we get a lovely, garbage-y smell wafting through the uppermost story for 10-15 minutes. Today I finally had the foresight to leap out of my chair and close all the windows as soon as I heard the truck pulling up, and although I still smell a faint aroma of garbage, it's nowhere near as intense as it would have been if I hadn't taken the proper precautions. Man, I don't know how those guys do that work, although I've read that many of them don't notice the smell anymore unless their loved ones point it out upon their return home at the end of the day.

Anyway, small victories. You want my life. Admit it. :-)