Tuesday, November 23, 2004

The Business of Busy-ness


Am I busy? Yeah, I'm busy.


Sometime I'll figure out how to talk about all the Religious Science stuff that's been floating around in my head for the last few months. I can't say I totally understand it, but it's certainly interesting. One thing that's been happening is this: I've been asking God/Spirit/Divine Flow/Name-Your-Deity for work, and I've been getting it. I should start asking for guidance on growing a small business, and information on scheduling. Yes, I should definitely ask for that. I'm definitely not rolling in dough by any means, but the work is coming. Hmm. Last week when I talked with my attorney, he said, "It's hard to grow a small business, isn't it?" and I thought he'd said, "It's hard to grow up, isn't it?" and I just started laughing. When I stopped, he asked me why I'd laughed, and I told him, and he told me what he'd really said. I told him I'd almost told him to shut up, and he said he would've expected me to slap him if he'd told me anything about growing up. He's a good egg, and a lot of fun sometimes.

Anyway, I'm busy. Crazy-busy. I keep telling my son we have a lot of blessings, though, and one of them is our being alive to work, play, go for walks, clean the house, etc. He nods like he understands, and maybe he will sometime, if he doesn't already. We are blessed.