Friday, November 12, 2004

At Least Today's Not Like Yesterday

Yesterday I worked like a crazy lady to finish up a couple of projects. My son missed me terribly, since I was unable to spend as much time with him as I would on a normal workday. We did have lunch together, and played a little bit periodically, but by about 11:00 p.m., the kid was still awake and rarin' to go. We ended up playing Go Fish on the bed, and he fell asleep around midnight. I think he was just waiting for me to finish working, for as long as it took, so we could have some fun. Poor thing. I'm so glad today was not like yesterday.

Tomorrow morning we're scheduled to meet up with a woman I met at the mall a few weeks ago. Her son is much younger than mine (hers is 20 months old and mine is almost four years old), so it's more like a mommy outing with kids attached, rather than a playdate. We're going to meet at the lake and take a walk for a while, then it's back to work for me. With any luck, the project I committed to this weekend will go quickly, as the text was written by a professional writer and I've been advised that the medical terminology will be checked by someone else. What a relief.

But back to tomorrow's outing. This woman and I met when our kids were playing in a kiddie area inside the mall. I heard her call to her son, "Be careful, Jolyon," and I instantly recognized the name from John Galsworthy's The Forsyte Saga. She said I was the first person to pick up on that, which prompted me to follow her a moment after she moved to the coin-operated kiddie vehicles and give her my business card. She seems nice, is new to the area, and I suppose we both need some new friends. I'm looking forward to seeing her and her son tomorrow.

Okay, the tot is calling for milk, and we need to do a couple of last-minute errands. Could life get any more exciting? ;-)