Friday, December 04, 2009

Mama Mia!

Oh, I had to mention this. The kiddo stayed very late at work with me tonight. I had a bunch of stuff to wrap up for the week, and we finally left at about 9:00 p.m. Highly unusual! Anyway, the kiddo was exceptionally well-behaved, keeping himself busy, asking for what he needed in a polite and patient manner, cheerfully helping me or staying out of my way, depending on what the situation called for. At one point, he even brought a book to me that he'd checked out from the school library. "I got this for you, Mom," he said. It was The Young Chef's Italian Cookbook. "I was thinking we could try this sometime," he told me as he pointed to a picture of risotto.

So I guess I'll be learning how to cook a few Italian dishes. After all, he made me an offer I can't refuse! ;^)