Sunday, June 08, 2008

Those Small Moments

Let's just say baseball consumed our lives for a while there. I think I may be too tired to tell stories about it, although I never say never.

In other news, recently I was out with my son at night after yet another baseball game, searching for a high school graduation gift for our next-door neighbors' daughter. After finding nothing that seemed appropriate, I remembered that teenagers always like money, so we bought a nice card and popped some cash inside. Done. On the way home from the store, I mentioned that we'd better hurry because Suzy-dawg was probably pretty upset about still being in her crate. "How mad do you think she is, Mom?" asked the kiddo. "Oh, about like this," I replied and began screaming in a raspy voice, "'WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?? GET MY LAWYER ON THE PHONE!! SOMEONE'S GOING TO PAY FOR THIS!!"

The kiddo laughed so hard he couldn't breathe. When he finally did catch his breath, I glanced in the rearview mirror and saw him smiling and looking out the window. "I love it when you do that, Mom," he said, chuckling. And that was the most awesome moment of my whole day.