Saturday, October 06, 2007

Has This Ever Happened to You?

I'm hoping I'm not the only one who experiences this. Please tell me I'm not!

Last night I had the dream I often have when I'm asleep and have to pee: I dream that I'm searching for a bathroom. Usually I find one, but it's labyrinthine or terribly dirty or the stall doors are extremely short and I can see everyone's heads (or the doors are missing entirely), or there are shared stalls in which at least one person is already, er, seated, and I don't want that kind of intimacy. Sometimes the toilets are broken, and sometimes the doors have no locks, and sometimes someone walks in on me before I can accomplish the mission. Last night's dream incorporated all elements.

As usual, after the dream had gone on for quite a while, I woke up and realized that I needed to go to the bathroom, and I was so, so glad to have one that's functional and all mine.

Some folks might say that the people in my dream represent me, and assign some obscure symbolism to the dream, but I think this one is pretty straightforward. And I do have to say, it's a very entertaining way of being notified that I should get out of bed. ;^)