Thursday, August 30, 2007

Beauty Is in the Bottom...I Mean the Eye...Well...

On the way home from the park this evening (the budding goalie begged me to take him someplace where he could practice his drop kicks for soccer), we passed a row of fairly new homes. I remarked on their cuteness, and my son asked me if I wanted to live in one of them someday. I told him maybe. "We can't move," he said, "because I would miss our house and our stuff too much!" I told him if we ever move someday, we'll take most of our stuff with us and get some new stuff, too -- like a new couch to replace our uncomfortable and ugly one that was left behind by the previous residents. "Well," he said, demonstrating his lower standards, "I am NOT going to abandon our beautiful couch!!"

I think I'm going to have to start taking his personal compliments with a grain of salt. ;^)