Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Eavesdropping on the Kiddo

My folks sent the kiddo some McDonald's gift certificates for Valentine's Day, and today seemed like a good time to use them. The sky was gray and cloudy, and we had a bit of rain, and the kiddo had some energy, so away we went so the kiddo could climb around in the human Habitrail. Yes, McDonald's lies about their french fries, but ya can't beat that Habitrail on a drizzly day.

Anyway, I was sitting off to the side when I heard my son talking to a young grandmother. (I know she was because I met her later.) He was happily chatting away and she seemed to be enjoying the conversation as well. After he gave her a long explanation of one of his favorite video games, she asked if he had any brothers or sisters.

"Not yet," he said, "but I sure like my mom and dad."

That kid kills me.