Saturday, April 30, 2005

In Case You're Wondering



This is my son's interpretation of the Heat Miser from "A Year Without a Santa Claus," and those yellow lines are arms, but the blue triangular appendages are ears. (I'm saving you the minor confusion I experienced earlier today!) The red part is the Heat Miser's flaming hair. At least I got that. ;^)

As the kiddo was drawing, he told me excitedly that we needed to save this one, too, so I could "put it on the Web site." I'd shown him his boat picture from the prior entry and he doesn't miss a thing. He's still fascinated with PC Paint, which is fine with me because it's not a video game! (Do not get me started. Seriously.) Maybe when he grows up he can be a graphic artist...after he learns a few more programs, of course. *ahem*

In other news, I'm sure by now a lot of you are aware that the missing bride-to-be in Duluth, Georgia, has been found alive about 1,420 miles from home, in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I fell asleep on the couch tonight with the television on and awoke at about 2:00 a.m. to see the live news reports. Obviously there are a lot of questions to be answered, but I'm just so relieved to hear good news after feeling somewhat dragged down lately by stories of abducted people turning up dead. May Jennifer Wilbanks have a long and happy life.

That goes for all of you, actually.