Thursday, June 04, 2009

As Promised


So here they are: Auxiliary Dog and Primary Dog. Don't they look happy? No, those aren't their real names. They're afraid the media will start camping out on our doorstep if I reveal their true identities. I tried photographing them at their own level, but they were impossible to work with. Camera in front of them = scary. Camera over their heads = treat! Alrighty then.

Primary Dog (the white one on the right) is the one who's getting shaved. He's a maltipoo or something like that, and his fur is extremely fine and fluffy. This means MATS GALORE. Add nonstop growth and you're in for some fun. I already shaved his underside down to his soft, pink skin. The kiddo thought it was funny when I shaved the dog's p*nis, but that's what the groomer does, and with good reason. 'Nuff said about that! Auxiliary Dog's fur grows to just one length (seen here at maximum length), so she just needs washing and brushing once in a while. What she lacks in coat management difficulty she makes up for in whining, people-food sneaking and indoor puking. The girl's got skillz.

I must admit I'm having fun shaving Primary Dog. There's something very satisfying about watching the mats fall to the floor and seeing the pooch shake and prance around the room. Granted, it's nothing like the major mat cases on Animal Cops, but he does enjoy the attention and the subsequent lightness/freedom.

So now you know what I'll be doing this weekend. Well, besides watching my son play in the minors invitational game on Saturday morning and maybe getting my nails done for the first time in forever. (I wonder if the dogs would tolerate nail polish. Hmm.)

You want my glamorous life. I know it! :-)