Thursday, June 26, 2008

Just Stuff

I seem to have some sort of cough, and I attribute it (at least partially) to having slept with all the fans running on high for a few nights in a row. The cough woke me up around 2:30 today and I finally remembered that (duh) we have cough medicine. And lo and behold -- it did what it's supposed to do.

<><><>

Slider-dawg is being a very good boy, keeping me company. Someday I'll post pictures of the doggies, but for now, just know that Slider is a white/cream terripoo, leggy and super-soft, with big brown eyes, a beautiful black nose, and the good-smelling kind of dog breath. And don't forget about his adorable faux-hawk. Last night I tucked him under a blanket with me on the couch and he fell asleep on his back, in my arms, with his face turned toward me. I really could've died from the cuteness. Very dangerous.

<><><>

My dad is in town for a few days, being put up by his city in a swanky hotel next to the ballpark, for a meeting involving city government. Last night I drove out to meet him for dinner, and we wound up touring the church where I work. Since it was Wednesday night, there were a lot of activities going on, and he was impressed by the extensive facility and the friendly, welcoming congregants and pastors. It was nice to just hang out with him for a while, showing him this place of comfort.

<><><>

My son's dad continues to occasionally surprise me with his narcissism. Rather, he doesn't surprise me as much as he disappoints me. Luckily I can more or less predict his reponses to things, and my disappointment is less about the individual incidents and more about my disappointment at having once chosen this person as a partner. At the same time, I'm grateful for his negative behavior at times, because it has strengthened me in unexpected ways. This is a good thing.