Friday, December 21, 2007

Any Excuse to Eat Cookies

Suzy-dawg has been moping around all day while I work, so I gave her a Greenie and now she's hanging around and clearing her throat as though hinting that I should give her another one. No chance, I say. And if she barfs on the rug, no more chances ever.

<><><>

This morning I reminded the kiddo that today would be the last day of school before Christmas vacation. He said he wasn't happy about that. Turns out he has a huge crush on a girl at school and would rather go to school every day so he can see her. This is the first grade, folks. Oh, and he said another girl in his class kissed a boy in his class. That prompted a casual discussion about personal space and ways to show people we like them (like drawing pictures to give them, or looking for opportunities to be kind and helpful to them), without causing any hint of a ruckus in the heavily P.C. public school system. Besides, those kids are too young to be kissing! Okay, I kissed a boy when I was in third grade, but that was Catholic school. ;^)

<><><>

Suzy won't sit down, and I already took her outside for potty. I swear she thinks she's getting more treats. Either that, or she's planning to sneak away and poop in the bedroom. If she does, guess what little creature I'm having for dinner tonight.

<><><>

My son's schedule this year for the holidays is crazy. Usually he goes to his dad's house every Wednesday night, and he always goes to his dad's on December 24 (all day/night) and returns on December 25 at 11:00 a.m. to celebrate with me. Since Christmas falls on a Tuesday this year, we'll have the wacko Christmas schedule and then he'll go to his dad's on Wednesday night, then back to my house on Thursday. At least December has five weekends and I get every fifth weekend (I get every second weekend, too, but there are only four months each year that contain five weekends), so the kiddo will be able to plant himself somewhere for several days in a row.

<><><>

I can't tell you what Suzy is doing right now. It's definitely not ladylike. Or maybe it's reeeeally ladylike.

<><><>

We haven't put up any Christmas decorations yet this year, so we'll be doing that on Sunday. (Yep, this weekend is the fourth and therefore split between the kiddo's dad and me.) I've been dealing with some heavy personal stuff and just haven't gotten around to the whole tree thing. But a tree we will have, by golly! Fake! Made in Thailand! Currently all crunched up in a box! But the kiddo will love it just the same. Last year he observed that our tree is somewhat short, especially compared to the giant tree his dad always gets. I told the kiddo our tree is small like he is, and when he gets taller, we'll get a taller tree. He liked that idea. A couple of days ago I said we would have a Christmas tree decorating party, and the kiddo loved that. "With streamers and balloons and everything?" he asked hopefully. No, said I, with our Christmas tree and ornaments and cookies and zany Christmas music that inspires us to dance in the living room and run circles around the coffee table. (I'm not kidding -- the kiddo goes nuts for the Russian Dance, to the point that I worry he'll be celebrating Christmas by cracking his head on the coffee table.)

<><><>

Suzy is now passed out on the floor by my desk. I feel better now. Back to work.

Happy holidays to you all! :-)